How Can I Stay in Faith When All Looks Lost?
Although there are many ways to stay in faith, it really can be summed up in eight steps.
1. Pray. Pray the word of God over your life and your situation. The bible clearly states in Matthew 7:7 that what we ask for shall be given to us. Proverbs 10:24 promises that the desires of the righteous shall be granted. Keep believing the word of God! Be sure to make your declarations of the word when you pray. In other words,. get in the word and pray it over yourself everyday.
2. Trust. The bible says we are to, "Trust in the Lord with all our hearts and lean not to our own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5). Trust Him in the good times and in the bad. Choose to believe His word and put all your trust in Him even when it seems nothing is happening.
3. Unmovable Unshakable. Unstoppable. Remain faithful to in your worship, praise and giving. Stay focused on the word of God and the promises. Eph. 6:13-14 says "having done all to stand, stand therefore. " In other words, keep on going.
4. Obey Always do everything God tells you to do. When He gives you an instruction, do it. (John 2:5). He will never ask you to do something He has not already equipped you to do.
5. Expect. Psalm 62:5 says "My expectation is from Him". Live a life of expectancy, knowing any moment God WILL show up in my situation. Be ready!
6. Resist. James 4:7 says to "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." Know his voice. Refuse to listen to his lies. Refuse to quit or give up too soon. (Heb. 10:36)
7. Fast. The bible says in Matthew 17:21 that only certain things will come but by prayer and fasting. We know that fasting brings power and fresh revelation. God often speaks and moves during a time of praying and fasting.
8. Sow. Sowing a seed for your need will let the devil know you are expecting a great harvest. It is a way of saying to God that I am still expecting Him to move in my situation. Often God will ask you to sow a certain amount toward your need. The bigger the need, the bigger the seed. (Gen. 8:22)